Tel: 01642 363738     Web :

If your Certificate is Stolen or Lost

A current and valid registration certificate (V5C) is a legal requirement for applicable vehicles in the UK. So, if yours is stolen or lost, you must replace it immediately.

Apply by Phone

Apply by phone by calling DVLA on 0300 790 6802. Note that only registered keepers can apply by telephone. Have payment ready as this is taken over the telephone. If any of your personal details have changed you will need to apply by post (see below).

It costs £25 to get a duplicate copy of your registration certificate.

Apply by Post

Apply by post using a V62 application for a vehicle registration certificate (V5C). Send the V62 and £25 payment to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1DD.

If any of your details have changed you can use section 6 on the V62 to inform DVLA.

Expect your registration certificate within a week if you apply by phone or four weeks if you apply by post.

Allow at least six weeks for your registration certificate to arrive before contacting DVLA if you applied by post.

Last updated: Friday 19th January 2018

Trustpilot 5 Stars
Based on 928 reviews
See some of the reviews here.
Please quote 'DT' when you phone