National Numbers
Tel: 01642 363738     Web :
QR Shortcut

Registered keepers should automatically get refund of vehicle tax if they inform the DVLA of the following circumstances.

  • Sold or transferred
  • Declared Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN)
  • Written off by your insurance company
  • Scrapped at a vehicle scrapyard
  • Exported out of the UK
  • Registered as exempt from vehicle tax

If your car has been stolen and you pay tax by direct debit, you should get an automatic refund. Otherwise you will have to contact the DVLA to get a form V33 which you will then need to send to the DVLA.

Refunds are only paid for full months left before expiry.

Last updated: Tuesday 31st July 2018

Trustpilot 5 Stars
Based on 3768 reviews
See some of the reviews here.
Replace My Plates
Only need plastic plates? Replacement number plates for pick up from a local Collection Point
Order Here